Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another Birthday Card for my BFF! Like this one better...:-)

Had a few drinks and decided to change my BFF's Birthday card....I scrapbook so good when I have been drinking! LOL
I got a Cricut machine for Christmas so I tried it out last night.....yes, while drinking beer! Nothing broke! LOL
Shannon and I have been best friends for 34 years....you don't see that often!
Here is the poem on the inside:
I still remember the first day we met
We were too shy to say much at all
It's funny to think back to that time
Because now we're having a ball!
They say that true friendship is rare
An adage that I believe to be true
Genuine friendship is something that I cherish
I am so lucky to have met you.
Our bond is extremely special
It is unique in it's own way
We have something irreplaceable
I love you more and more each day.
We've been through so much together
In so little time we've shared
I will never forget all the moments
that you've shown me how much you cared.
Friends are forever
Especially the bond that you and I possess
I love your fun-filled personality
Somehow you never fail to impress.
The world could use more people like you
it would certainly be a better place
I love everything about you
You are someone I could never replace.
You are always there for me
When my spirits need a little lift
I cannot thank you enough for that
You are truly an extraordinary gift.
You are everything to me and more
I could never express that enough
Life is such a treacherous journey, and
Without you it would be even more tough.
Our story will continue to grow
With each passing day
Because I trust that with you by my side
Everything will always be Okay.
You are so dear to me
You know I will love you until the end
I will always be there for you, and
You will always (and forever) be my best friend.

8 comments:

  1. This were my missing words for my friends :) What a lovely poem. I am glad to have met you. I hope you win.

    Mistyrose

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I am now your 200th follower :) yea ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I definately like this version much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You did it kid......you hit 200.....doing the happy dance for you and , no I have not been drinking! Love the card and Shannon is going to love it even more. Beautiful poem, I might just have to lift it for my BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by and joining me! I love your blog too and what a gorgeous card this is!!! I'm following you now too 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is such a nice poem...I would cry if I received this.LOL
    I tend to be VERY emotional,whether I drink or not.
    Just wanted to pop in and thank you for entering my candy giveaway.
    Thanks for sharing my goodies on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I like to invite you to my blog for a custom made apron give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete